OPPO F1s: DAY IN THE LIFE

6:40 PM

Wow! I honestly don't even know how to begin this blog post. I'm just too caught up with the daily goings-on in my life that I feel I have fallen into a routine that has controlled my life already. I'm like preprogrammed and cruising at the same speed for the past couple of months or so. We just had a little bit of change when my daughter finally started attending a preschool which by the way she absolutely loves. 

I'm not complaining even a bit though because I am enjoying my life right now and I feel that I am productive at the end of the day and knowing that my family is happy makes me less guilty of not being able to devote 100% of my time for them. I have learned to accept that stability is healthy. Since the onset of 2016, I’ve had a solid routine that involves four main things: household chores that I delegate to our help sometimes, wife and mommy duties, company nurse duties,  and of course "me time".  It doesn't look one bit complicated but I'd wish for an hour or two more than 24 hours in order for me to accomplish my day satisfactorily. 

Come along as I take you with me to experience "a day in the life" of a wife, mother, and company nurse. 


A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A WORKING MOM

I have been a mom for almost three years now and so far the motherhood journey has been amazing - something that I would not trade for anything in this world. I quit my job as a government nurse after I gave birth and I devoted the first year leading to the second year of my baby daughter. She will turn 3 in a couple of months. I started my new job early last year and so you could kind of tell how I am grasping for a sense of normalcy in our lives much less form a harmonious routine in our home. I am required to work Monday to Saturday so my only real rest day is a Sunday. But hey, I guess all the moms who read this may agree that there is really no such thing as a rest day for mothers because a mother's duty lasts 25 hours in a 24-hour day. I guess you know what I mean.

Motherhood is not an easy feat, in fact, it is hard! It is trying, exhausting, extra challenging. It can drain you yet it can energize you. It can surprise you and it can fulfill you at the same time. It is a constant second-guessing yet you are required to be steadfast, to be brave. It is truly the most amazing thing that ever happened to me ever!

"Motherhood is a choice you make everyday to put someone else's happiness and well-being ahead of your own, to teach the hard lessons, to do the right thing even when you are not sure what the right thing is... and to forgive yourself over and over again for doing everything wrong." -Donna Bell

Today, I am going to invite you to spend a day with me. I am writing this blog intro on a Thursday but I will be documenting my Friday to give you a peep to a day in my life - A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A WORKING MOTHER! 

My usual day starts before the neighbor's roosters sing in a chorus of cock-a-doodle-doos! In the province, you can be sure that the roosters would wake you up no matter if you haven't slept a wink. Sometimes I loathe it but most days I appreciate it because hey who doesn't love a free alarm clock just when you need it the most? 

I consider Friday to be my busiest day - so little time, so much to do! When everyone in the workforce probably keeps on chanting "TGIF, TGIF, Ahhhh Thank God it's Friday!", I'm left to asking myself "Is it only Friday?"

I think I have managed to master multitasking to this day. So while waiting for the water to boil, I vacuum the floor and collect dirty clothes to put in the washer. While waiting for the rice to cook, I prep my daughter's bento box while at the same time listening to some music to perk up my sleepy nerves. While the oil is heating up, I prepare the table and when I'm done cooking the table is also set.  I try my best to not only be an effective mother but an efficient one as well. That makes me feel less guilty for leaving the house to spend most of my waking hours in the office. 


I start my day with a few good morning snuggles and kisses before I get up and prepare a cup of coffee. Those are my quick power boosters any day! Sometimes, my daughter squirms close to me hoping to get more snuggles as her eyes are still closed but today, I think she can feel that "Supermama" needs to get up and start hustling.
After enjoying my morning cup, I start preparing our breakfast and my daughter's bento box as well as clothes for school. I'd let her sleep in longer while I do all these so she won't wake up cranky. You don't want to mess with a cranky toddler early in the morning. You can trust me on that! 

I'll finish all my early morning mommy duties in about an hour ot two. I'm also done showering around that time frame but I feel like I'm super productive already and my day has only just begun. 

I allow my daughter to sleep a few more minutes longer while I arrange things inside our bedroom. I make sure that there is no sharp objects lying around and that every toy is in its proper storage. I'm not usually this obsessive-compulsive but today I feel like doing it. 
She woke up with a smile on her face today and so bathing her and changing to her school uniform is quite a breeze today. We make it a point to eat breakfast together so we can have a morning conversation before we all head out the door.

But first family picture...

Before we head out the door, we take a groufie! This is already a habit because I like looking at our photos when I am on break or when I start to get sappy and miss my husband and my daughter. We dropped my daughter to her preschool and then my husband drove me to work. It's a quick drive because traffic is not heavy in our municipality. The only traffic I encountered today was the herd of cows crossing from one palm plantation to another. Can you imagine how idyllic my workplace is? 
I was able to clock-in early today and I'm prepped up for work. I only have my positive thinking to rely on or else I'll have an unpleasant day ahead. I always psyche myself before I start on my day at work so I would not fall into any negativity. 
I devoted this time to updating my monthly reports. I don't want to procrastinate that's why. This is one of the reasons why I love monitoring what I do on a daily basis - I get a chance to check what my deliverables are and if I am on-track. 


Lunch Break - I'm not in the mood to nibble on anything so I decided to take a quick 30-minute nap and recharge a bit so I have energy for my rounds at the plant this afternoon. Oh yes, I don't ride a mini-golf cart when I do my rounds, I literally just walk around the plant and check on the employees. If I wake up hungry, then I'll probably just nibble on the cookie that I brought with me to work. 

After taking a quick power nap, I felt so rested and ready to face the afternoon work again. I freshened up, replied to emails, continued the draft of my project proposals and then had a little chat with the human resource ladies at work. I then prepared my prepares and tracking sheets to bring with me for the afternoon rounds. 
I schedule my rounds at the plant around this time so I can check on employee's blood pressure. I usually walk around with our Safety Officer to ensure that health and safety practices are implemented at the palm oil processing plant. I always bring along my Oppo phone with me so I can keep track of my time, log data on my notes file, call the main office in case I need some assistance or if I have questions and of course take photos when it isn't that busy. If there's a will, there's a way so they say. We have a very laidback environment and I know almost all the employees already.
I waited for my husband to pick me up at the plant. This is our daily routine. The guards clocked us out to ensure that no one cheats with time. Another day at the office is done. Whew! As soon as we reached home, I wore my "Supermama" cape again and prepared dinner and played a little bit with my daughter. I also took the clothes from the dryer and folded each one.
We ate dinner together with my parents-in-law. We had good conversation while having our meal. Sometimes we eat earlier but I had to do some chores and the food took longer than usual to cook thus the delay. I was not able to take a photo because everyone was so hungry that they dug in as soon as we blessed our food with prayer. No more time for pictures! Sigh! Then again, I was pretty hungry also so all is well. 
Time to read a book with my daughter until she dozes off to sleep. We also played a little game of Tickle Me Silly and she loved it. 
By this time, my body battery signals that I am almost drained and that I need to get some rest already. There are times that I feel that I belong to the #TitasOfProbinsya already because my Friday's are spent doing the same routine that I do daily. There's no more party on a Friday night in my book. I'm way past that stage. I've embraced the fact that priorities indeed change when you become a mother. This is when I try to strike another conversation with my husband before I drag myself to bed and fall asleep. This is when an "I love you" from my husband is enough to reward me for my efforts today! This is when a stolen kiss from my snoring little baby makes me feel giddy and blessed. This is when I feel that I've won another day, I've faced another battle of being a working mother. There are days that I feel I'm "Supermama" and today is one of those. My Friday is done ladies and gentlemen and I am mighty proud to say that the hugs and kisses from my family melt my guilty feelings slowly. I assure myself that as long as I balance my work and family life then it should be all good.

This is also when I squeeze in a little bit of me-time. Either I blog, I read a book, catch up on pre-recorded "teleserye" or watch the news. Tonight, I am going to finish this blog in the hopes that I encourage working moms to feel a lot less guilty for working hard for their family. Cheer up mommies! We're the new breed of "superheroes".

Tomorrow is a new day! One last day at work before I spend more time with my family on Sunday.

THE STRUGGLE IS REAL

The struggle is indeed real for working moms like me. We feel guilty that we don't spend enough time with our family especially our children but we don't have a choice. If only money grows on trees then I would prefer to just harvest every day so I can sustain the daily needs of my family. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy my work because I try to always see the positive in all the things I do. That is the only way that I think would get me by every single day. Accepting the reality of my life, loving my family even though I am not with them most of the day, and doing my best at work keep me sane and grounded.

Being a full-time working mother can lead to feelings of guilt and stress because of divided attention between work and family. The key is to focus on a plan, get organized, and find the right balance between profession and parenthood.

MY OPPO PHONE AND I

Did you notice how prominent selfies and groufies are in my life? I'm a proud user of Oppo F1s and the feature that I think I need in my everyday adventure as a "Supermama" to my family is it's 16MP front camera and 13MP rear camera.

As a super busy mama, I make it a point to capture as many photos as I can every single day so I can look back and appreciate the tasks that I was able to accomplish during the day as well as reminisce the wonderful feeling that I feel when I'm around my family and friends. The phone perfectly captures photos in daylight, low-light, backlight, or even night time - thus it always provides crisp photos I take from the moment I wake up until I retire to bed.

For all the selfie-lovers who are reading my blog, trust me when I say that the Oppo F1s front camera is something that you will love. It has the Beautify 4.0 function that reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, pimples and other facial blemishes. For a busy mom like me, sometimes I forget to put on make-up or I just don't have time to spare to color my face and that's when Beautify 4.0 comes to the rescue. The wonderful camera of the Oppo F1s plus the addition of the filters make it a phone that would put other phones in the similar range to the curb.

Mobile photography will never be the same again after you try this wonderful mobile phone. I've had this phone for almost 3 months already and it's the fruit of my labor for being awarded as the Most Outstanding Employee. As soon as I received my bonus, I knew I had to have it so I bought it without even thinking hard. I'm sold knowing that its camera will provide me photos that are crisp, clear, sharp and vibrant.

To read more about the other features of the amazing Oppo F1s, please visit the Oppo microsite.




DISCLOSURE: This is my entry to the Nuffnang PH and Oppo F1s: Day In the Life blog contest. I was not influenced nor paid by any of the brands mentioned above to write favorably about any of the brands. I'm already a "Supermama and super happy user" of the Oppo F1s. If I win this blog contest, I will give the phone as a gift to my husband so he can replace his "ancient-looking" pre-smartphone era phone. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

MEET WOOTY

MEET WOOTY

Subscribe